Why You Should Take a Travel Nursing Job in New Mexico
Looking for vibrant communities and friendly hospitals? Take on New Mexico for your next travel nursing assignment. From hot air balloons and ski resorts to art museums and world-class cuisine, there’s something amazing for everyone in New Mexico, including several Travel RN jobs. LiquidAgents Healthcare has high-paying RN jobs in Santa Fe, Albuquerque and across the “Land of Enchantment.” Here are helpful insights about travel nursing in New Mexico.
LiquidAgents has relationships with top healthcare facilities in New Mexico. A travelers’ favorite is CHRISTUS St. Vincent Regional Medical Center in Santa Fe, which was the first organized healthcare facility in the territory established in 1865. Known for its history and beautiful locations, CHRISTUS St. Vincent is a comprehensive acute care hospital serving a population of nearly 300,000 people. The facility has a strong commitment to local charities and fundraising initiatives. Care is truly top of mind at St. Vincent’s, which is probably why travel nurses speak so highly of this system.
Other notable hospitals for travel nurses include the University of New Mexico Hospital, a teaching facility and the state’s only level 1 trauma center; Presbyterian Hospital of Albuquerque, which includes specialized centers for heart health, women’s health and children’s health; and Memorial Medical Center in Las Cruces, serving the southern region in the Rio Grande Valley.
Top RN Specialties Needed
There is a steady need for RNs across New Mexico. Popular specialties include OR, ICU, MedSurg and Telemetry. We also see a number of Labor & Delivery, ER, PCU and PACU positions.
View all New Mexico travel nursing jobs and pay packages on our Job Board here.
Must-See Attractions to See and Do in New Mexico
Outside of the hospital, there are so many fun activities and sites to enjoy! Here are a few of our top choices:
- Take a trip west to the Chihuahuan Desert and see the miraculous White Sands National Monument.
- Enjoy Santa Fe’s art, culture and shopping, which is the country’s 3rd largest art scene. There are more than 250 galleries in the area, the New Mexico Museum of Art, Georgia O’Keeffe Museum and the Museum of Contemporary Native Arts.
- Drive an hour and a half North of Santa Fe to Taos. Hit the ski slopes, venture over the Rio Grande Bridge, take breathtaking hikes, raft down the river and rejuvenate at The Spa & Wellness Center.
- Explore Carlsbad Caverns! Spring is the best season to visit to see the blooming desert and guided bat tours.
- Sip local wines at one of the state’s 50 wineries and tasting rooms.
- Breaking Bad fans, take a tour around Albuquerque to see top spots from the popular TV show.
- Bonus: Plan your assignment in October to catch the enchanting International Balloon Fiesta.
Ready for New Mexico? Get started and quick apply for your next nursing assignment now!