LiquidAgents Healthcare, a fast-growing, healthcare staffing firm, seeks a Payroll Manager.
LiquidAgents, a JCHAO certified company, provides staffing solutions for the healthcare industry. Our people use proven identification and selection methods to recruit healthcare talent, including nurses and allied health professionals, and place them in public and private facilities looking to secure traveling and direct-hire healthcare personnel. In addition to being recognized by the media as one of the “Best Companies to Work For” for nearly a decade, LiquidAgents is an Inc. 500 company looking for creative, tenacious individuals to join our team.
This role will manage the team responsible for processing payroll for 1,000+ employees on a weekly basis for a fast-paced multi-state employer. The Payroll Manager will work with the Recruiting, Human Resources and Compliance departments to ensure payrolls are processed accurately, paid timely, and comply with federal, state, and local tax and wage laws.
- Supervise, train, and coordinate activities of payroll staff to meet weekly payroll deadlines
- Manage relationships with external payroll provider and taxing authorities
- Interpret new payroll and wage tax laws and implement processes to comply with them
- Review and prepare adjustments to pay related to previous errors or retroactive changes
- Create weekly and ad hoc reports for the various departments and management team
- Coordinate with HR about payroll changes and update changes in HRIS databases
- Assist in collecting data for general audits and special projects
- Provide timely communication and/or resolutions to payroll matters
- Manage new employee file maintenance and setup
- Prepare responses to employment verification requests
- Process wage withholding orders and other garnishments
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, Human Resources, or related field
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) strongly preferred
- Recent experience with ADP Workforce Now Payroll & HRIS
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access)
- Proven management of a payroll department with 3 or more direct reports
- Knowledge of multi-state tax and wage laws including local tax jurisdictions
- Proficient processing end-to-end payroll for a multi-state large employer environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to respect, protect, and maintain highly confidential information
- Have a fun, energetic, and outgoing personality
- Must be able to work flexible/defined schedules based on business needs
We recognize the value of this role in our overall success. In exchange for your skills and efforts, we offer an outstanding compensation and benefits package, and a unique company environment that encourages individual input and creativity. Working for LiquidAgents Healthcare means flexibility, loyalty, teamwork and exposure to new ways of doing business. We want the best and we strive to keep the best.